Wednesday, December 17, 2014

ABOUT THIS BLOG

I grew up in a small island in Riau Archipelago which is part of Indonesia many many years ago. Waters has been a big part of my life. I think I learn how to sail before I rode my first bike. Although I've been sailing since I was I little boy, I never think myself a good sailor. I guess this why I prefer to sail singlehanded. 

Yes, I have done some long distance sailing which unfortunately wasn't long enough. Now I live in the mountain somewhere in West Java with my young family. Somehow I haven't managed to put ocean behind me. It keeps showing up in the front of me. I am afraid this blog is the proof.

My main reasons for creating this blog is to share what I know with whoever interested in cruising in Indonesia. I have to admit that I get a lot help from friends and foes in filing up empty spaces here. Those who may question about some grammatical or typographical errors or whatever, I do beg for an apology (both of my parent spoke Malay). I hope it wouldn't get your boat on corral reef somewhere.

Indonesia as everybody knows is a vast Archipelago, so if somebody claims he or she knows all those beautiful safe anchorage, I suspect he or she may have had too much too drink. I have been to many places in Indonesia, but the more I know I realize that there are a lot more that I do not know.

Yes, I did get involved with Sail Indonesia for few years until I came to my senses. This is also one of the reasons why I create this blog knowing that whatever I put in it would help some people (hopefully). 

Enough of this intro.


No comments:

Post a Comment